What you need to know before your first class
Group classes: a great way to learn how to dance! They are the easiest and most affordable way to begin to dance. No partner needed! Classes are progressive and you need to join at the beginning of the month.
Salsa on1 Foundations is a 4-week course that is required to join Salsa Beginner. This is where you start! You learn the basic footwork, partner work, spins, cross-body lead, and basic musicality. (You can test out by pre-arranging a time to meet with instructor prior to class.)
Salsa on1 Beginner is an on-going class where you already know the basic footwork, spins and musicality. You will learn spins, crosses, lead/follower work, musicality, and shines. You need to test out to enter the next level class.
Salsa on1 Intermediate is an on-going class where you already know the Beginner Level footwork, spins and have a good understanding of the musicality. You will learn the next level for spins, crosses, lead/follower work, musicality and shines. This level is an introduction to the studio perfomances. You need to test out to enter the next level class.
Salsa on1 Advanced is an on-going class that you must test to enter. It is an advanced level of Salsa where your footwork, spins, partner work and musicality are at an advanced level. In this class we also learn Salsa on2, Cha-cha, Pachanga, etc.
Private Classes: a way to take your dancing to the next level in a much quicker and more personalized format. Classes are one hour of one-on-one instruction with the teacher.
Things to know before your first class!
- Come 10 minutes early to register and meet your instructor.
- No dress code! Wear what is comfortable for you to move and dance.
- Bring clean, comfortable shoes. No street shoes allowed on the dance floor! Dance shoes with smooth bottoms are the best!
- Free, convenient parking in our parking lot!
- EVERYONE can learn to dance!
- Classes are FUN! Friendships are made, laughs are had by all, and you are certain to learn something new!